April 15: Super Science Saturday
May 13: Annual Science Fair
May 13: All Kids' Science Bash
May 20: Super Science Saturday-
June 12-16: Dinosaur Adventure Camp
June 19-23: Mad Science Camp
June 26-30: Space Camp
July 10-14: Creature Feature Camp
July 17-21: C.S.I. Camp
July 24-28: Dinosaur Adventure Camp
July 31-Aug 04: S.T.E.A.M. Camp
Aug 21: Simply Science Open House
Sept 12-14: Simply Science Begins
Check out our apparel!
Auction Highlights 2016
THANK YOU to our donors!
Click here for a list of
our generous supporters
Super Science Saturdays
Activity Packed Learning Once a Month for All Ages!
- When: One Saturday a Month (usually the 3rd Saturday)
- Time: 10:30-3:30p.m.
- Cost: $10/$5 for members
- Topics: A new topic is explored every month
- Download the program brochure here.
What?!?! Super Science Saturday ALL day ONCE a month?
Yes! Super Science Saturday is an all day, once a month, event for the whole family. The day is filled with awesome hands-on learning opportunities that give every participant a full dose of that month's topic. If you want a great inexpensive family day of learning and fun, this is definitely it!
How does it work?
Each month, a new topic is discover throughout the day. Using the month's scedule, you can choose what learning opportunities you would like to be a part of. These schedules will be posted on our website each month. There are still regular guided tours available at the bottom of each hour, as usual, with the last one of the day beginning at 3:30p.m.
Do I Have to Stay All Day?
You can decide to come anytime, pack a lunch and stay all day, or for only the parts you want to be involved in.
What is the cost?
Each Super Science Saturday is considered one of our Special Events, and the admission price is $10 per person for the whole day. This includes all learning activities, special guests, regular tours, and your complimentary zip line ride (when available and applicable). If you are a member, you receive a discounted price of $5.
- If for some reason Super Science Saturday needs to be cancelled for the day, a notice will be posted on the museum's website, Facebook page, and at the front desk.
- Activities are for all ages. Students in grades K-8th can be dropped off for the day's activities. No food is provided. Students staying all day must bring a packed lunch to be eaten during the supervised lunch break. All younger children must be supervised at all times.
- Super Science Saturdays are considered Special Events, therefore they are not included in any discount pricing except with membership.
- Groups are able to participate in Super Science Saturdays, however, a group leader must call or email Kids@akronfossils.com to give an RSVP, so that we are prepared for the extra participants.
- Science can be messy and some of our activities may be messy too! Please dress accordingly.
- Our Super Science Saturdays teach science from a creation science perspective.
April 15, 2017
March 18, 2017
The Amazing Blood
February 18, 2017
CSI: Tsnaumi Science
January 21, 2017
CSI: Who Stole Santa?
December 17, 2016