April 15: Super Science Saturday
May 13: Annual Science Fair
May 13: All Kids' Science Bash
May 20: Super Science Saturday-
June 12-16: Dinosaur Adventure Camp
June 19-23: Mad Science Camp
June 26-30: Space Camp
July 10-14: Creature Feature Camp
July 17-21: C.S.I. Camp
July 24-28: Dinosaur Adventure Camp
July 31-Aug 04: S.T.E.A.M. Camp
Aug 21: Simply Science Open House
Sept 12-14: Simply Science Begins
Check out our apparel!
Auction Highlights 2016
THANK YOU to our donors!
Click here for a list of
our generous supporters
New Volunteer Opportunities
Carnival Volunteers Needed for 2017!
Although the temperatures are dropping and the snow will soon be falling, we already have our minds on summer sun and fun! This summer, we will once again be throwing a kickoff to summer carnival and the time to start preparing is NOW! Events such as this are only possible through the generous help of all of YOU. If you are interested in being a part of this summer's carnival, this is the time to jump on board our team! Whether you can give one day or 100, whether you can build games or hand out fliers, we need your help! The first volunteer meeting for this event will be held on January 14th at 3 pm at Akron Fossils & Science Center. We hope to see you there!
Our science center relies on you to help bring our vision and our mission to others. Volunteering is not only a great way to help out, but is an opportunity for those interested in what goes on behind the scenes here to get a sneak peek at what goes into making a science center work.
Volunteers are needed in a variety of positions:
-tour guide, gardening, administrative, animal care, special events, park supervision, renovations, camps, classes, and more!
Volunteers may choose to be full-time, part-time, group, or special event volunteers depending on what fits their schedule best. There are so many ways to get involved and use your talents here at AFSC and we do our best to find the right position for each volunteer.
AFSC volunteers have the opportunity to receive benefits such as:
- Behind the scenes knowledge and involvement with AFSC
- Be involved in the critical mission of sharing the knowledge of God's creation
- 10% discount in our gift shop
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation luncheon
If YOU are interested in becoming part of our team here at AFSC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Summer Camp Counselors
- Must be at least 13 years old.
- Duties include guiding campers to stations, clean up, and monitor award system.
- Training provided.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be available weekdays and some Saturdays. Flexible hours.
- Duties include pulling weeds, planting, painting, building, minor repair work, and other maintenance work.
- Must be at least 14 years old.
- Training provided. Flexible hours.
- Duties include cleaning enclosures, providing enrichment and exercise, feeding, and healthcare.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Duties may include various office and clerical work, cataloging artifacts, data entry, answering and making phone calls, light cleaning, and admissions desk.
- Training is provided.
Click here to download an application form.
Please indicate on your form the position in which you would like to volunteer.
Send your completed form to our offices by mail or e-mail as instructed in the form.
Events Where Volunteers Are Needed |